As the clean-up from the recent floods in south-east Queensland and northern New South Wales continues, numerous avenues for financial assistance have been established to ensure residents can access support.
Current streams of assistance include:
- Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment: $1,000 per adult, or $400 for each child younger than 16 (Not income or asset tested; conditions may apply)
- Disaster Recovery Allowance: Support if you’ve lost income as a direct result of the floods in South East Queensland starting in February 2022.
- Emergency Hardship Assistance Grants: Up to $180 per person and $900 for a family of five or more (Not income or asset tested)
- Essential Household Content Grant: Up to $1,765 for single adults and up to $5,300 for couples/families (Conditions apply)
- Structural Assistance Grant: Up to $10,995 for single adults and up to $14,685 for couples/families (Conditions apply)
- Essential Services Safety and Reconnection Grant : Covering inspection up to $200, and repairs up to $4,200 (Conditions apply)
- Red Cross Grant : $500 cash assistance for people who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of flood impact to their primary place of residence.
While the waters may have receded for many the journey with insurance claims, temporary accommodation and re-establishment of their homes has only just begun and our thoughts are with our clients as they work through this process. We encourage those affected to explore what financial support is available to them during this time and as always should you need assistance or advice please reach out to the team.